The rustic golden leaves and the bronze pathways get me high, because I love autumn! To me, this season has soothing charm of cinematic beauty that lifts up my spirit of my very much mundane life
I don’t know about you all but this is also a time when I feel bloated occasionally and crave for something light and comforting. And if you and I are alike then I guarantee that you would love this soup recipe which has everything autumn about it, that too without any pumpkins! LOLs
Apples -1 Big- chopped into chunks
Celery- 2 sticks- chunked
Carrots- 1 medium- chunked
Lemon – 1 round slice
Thyme- 1 sprig
Rosemary- 1 spring
Balsamic Vinegar – 1-2 tbsp- personal choice
Honey- 2-4 tsp
Cinnamon – 2 pinches
1. Add everything in a pot except vinegar, salt, pepper and honey. Add 2-3 cups of water and let it boil on a low-flame
2. Halfway through add in the balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and honey.
3. Taste the water from the soup and adjust according to preference the sweetness of the soup. It should have a very subdued sweetness just enough to tickle the tastebuds a little.
4. Once everything is boiled, take off the flame and VOILA! Your lovely soup is ready!
1. Apples add a sweetness in every bite, so make sure the water is not too sweet. The soup should have a sweet-salty taste. Sweetness in every bite and lemony in every sip!
2. You may skip balsamic vinegar if you want
3. A light squeeze of lemon won’t do any harm.