I am not much of a pasta fan.. but whenever I make it I like it fresh and flavourful!
So here is my version of spaghetti sauce!
This sauce is perfect for few spaghetti sticks – equivalent to width of two fingers, so if you’re making more then increase the quantity.
Tomato- 1 big
garlic- 1 clove
Rosemary [FRESH] – 1 small sprig
Thyme [FRESH]- 1 small sprig
Kaffir lime leaves- 1 small leave
Italian Seasoning- 1 tsp
Red Chilli Flakes- 1 tsp- as per taste
Basic Laves- 4 leave
Salt -to taste
Sugar- 1 tsp
Black pepper- to taste
1. Boil Spaghetti and after its boiled save half cup of boiled pasta water.
2. Grind onion and garlic into smooth paste. And separately grind the tomato.
3. Heat a pan and add olive oil. Saute the onion and garlic paste. Once it’s browned then add the tomato paste. Saute well till cooked.
4. Bruise the herbs- rosemary, thyme and kaffir lime leaves and add to the pan. Stir for a minute or so then add the pasta water.
5. Add italian seasoning, salt, sugar, red chilli flakes and black pepper. If the sauce is too thick, add some more water to bring it to a sauce-y consistency.
6. Once sauce is boiled and is of right consistency, put in the spaghetti.
7. Twirl on a plate, grate on some parmesan cheese and decorate with basil leaves.
I lovee this recipe because the lime leaves add an oomph factor without being too powerful! This is a must try recipe!
-The Free Spirited Soul